The BIM Technician performs drafting and modeling for building projects utilizing Autodesk’s Building Design Suite programs. Working under the direction of a Project Engineer/Manager and in cooperation with the project team, it is the BIM Technician’s responsibility to assist with the production of projects and develop high quality and technically accurate documents on time and on budget.
- Provides drafting/modeling of low voltage and electrical systems for building projects, based on written mark-ups and verbal direction from the project manager, project engineer, or designer utilizing Revit or AutoCAD software.
- Drafts and issues revisions for projects based on written mark-ups and verbal direction from project manager, electrical engineer, electrical designer, or registered communications distribution designer utilizing Revit or AutoCAD software in order to incorporate addendum items, supplemental instructions, and VE items, etc.
- Downloads architectural/consultant files; Utilizes architectural/consultant files to set-up or update Revit or CAD sheets for projects
- Create content and prepare models
- Prints, issues, and archives drawings/drawing files
- Prepares Revit and/or AutoCAD files to send out to clients, consultants, and contractors as required
- Abide by design standards and specifications
- Maintains knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within engineering disciplines
- Associate’s degree or technical degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or similar area of studies geared toward AEC Industry or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction company.
- Basic working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (Autocad and Revit) Note: The BIM Technician must be familiar with the Revit user interface and features including shared parameters, circuiting, schedules, panel schedules, connectors, 3D modeling, and annotation work
- Proficient use of MS Office products
- An understanding of the technical aspects of their discipline and the ability to apply it without directions from a designer and/or engineer
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient or Advanced working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (Autocad and Revit)
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.