This opportunity is for a senior traffic engineer and project manager with 15 to 20 years of professional experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning (TPTE). The position will involve conducting and managing traffic engineering, planning, and design projects; business development; supervising, mentoring, and guiding TPTE staff; and coordination of projects and business development activities with counterparts in our other offices.
Candidates for this position should have interest and project experience in most of the following areas:
- Traffic signal timing
- Capacity & safety analysis
- Transit system planning
- Traffic impact analysis
- Traffic modeling using Synchro/SimTraffic and Vissim
- Bicycle & pedestrian planning and design
- Travel demand modeling
- Signing and striping
- Freeway and interchange
- Manage lanes design and implementation
- Toll revenue studies
- Traffic signal system design
- Intelligent Transportation System
- Corridor and area-wide transportation planning
- Professional Engineering Registration in the State of Colorado, or the ability to acquire Colorado PE license within eight months of hire
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer(PTOE) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of, or proficient in Synchro/SimTraffic, Vissim, Visum, TransModeler, TransCAD, HCS, Sidra, AutoCAD, and MicroStation
- Experience in some of these modeling/design applications is highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.