To analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation in order to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and/or services while applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principals, and processes.
- Prepare cost estimates on Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants ranging in size from $1M-$50M
- Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assesses the cost-effectiveness of projects and tracks actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Confers with owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consults with engineers, clients, vendors, and construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Reviews material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost-effectiveness.
- May specialize according to particular service performed, type of product manufactured, or phase of work involved, such as tools and fixture costs, production costs, construction costs, or material costs.
- Participates in weekly Management staff meetings.
- Visits project sites prior to bid and during construction.
- Develops long-term plans and programs to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Participates in marketing HCC services with owners, developers, and other general contractors.
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures. Communicates and encourages all applicable safety policies and procedures with employees. Enforces all applicable safety policies and procedures with employees.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Complete understanding of construction plans, including but not limited to:
- Site Excavations
- Structural Concrete
- Mechanical Piping and
- Rates information using standards, which can be measured or checked.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understands how they would look as solid objects.
- Willing to work long hours, weekend work, and willingness to assume a high level of responsibility.
- Demonstrates good people skills, oral and written communication skills, and a sound technical background in construction technology.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and government requirements.
- Good background in mathematics, including algebra and geometry, drafting, and blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Knowledge of the client market.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Experience with Hard Dollar Estimating, On-Screen Takeoff, SmartBid.Net or other similar software.
- Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality and adhere to company values. Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organization. Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines.
- Possesses a valid Drivers License.
Education & Work Experience-
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering; AND,
- Minimum five (5) years in a related field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.