To install, maintain, upgrade and fabricate piping and piping systems and supports, according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings at the water and wastewater treatment plants.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities-
- Reads blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Perform flange make-up (proper torque)
- Set up and operate oxy-acetylene torch for heating and cutting
- Install reinforced concrete pipe
- Fabricate PVC pipe from plans
- Give crane and heavy equipment hand signals
- Inspect new equipment and machinery then moves it into position by utilizing hoisting devices, such as pulleys and cables, hoists, dollies, rollers, and/or trucks.
- Construct foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, concrete, and steel.
- Assemble machines and bolts in order to fasten them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Attaches moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails using hand tools and power tools.
- Dismantles machinery and equipment.
- Installs shims, adjusts the tension on nuts and bolts, or positions parts using measuring instruments to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Replaces defective parts of the machine or adjusts clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Works closely with electricians, engineers, and manufacturer’s
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Mechanically Inclined – knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved to get the job done by using logical step-by-step procedures.
- Skilled and knowledgeable with hand tools and hand power tools (electric and air-powered).
- Knowledge of piping systems such as ductile iron flanged, PVC, steel, fiberglass and copper.
- Awareness of confined space, fall protection, trench safety, rigging, and crane safety.
- Must be able to read and write English to understand and read the blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic math – add, subtract, multiply and divide to estimate a measurement and make decisions based on measurable information.
- Must follow verbal and written instructions.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities.
- Possesses the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Possesses the ability to work at various heights without fear.
- Must have reliable transportation, be on time and ready to work.
Education & Work Experience Requirements-
- High school diploma or GED; AND
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related field; AND,
- Completion of a formal Apprenticeship program; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.