Under general supervision, responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures the ground is prepped, trenches dug for pipes and aligns pipes and seals joints together.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities-
- Know how to install Mechanical joint water line, and bolt together water line, install air release valves and inline valves
- Grade for flow of sewer line pipe.
- Lay 24 inch ductile water line and PVC sewer pipe. Set line and grade for water line/sewer, line prep grade for water lines/sewer lines. Install water line with gaskets and mechanical joints. Backfill waterline/ sewer line insures sewer line has a positive flow.
- Plans pipe, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Aligns and positions pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Checks slopes for conformance to requirements and specifications.
- Calculating and adjusting grade using a level and a laser
- Selects the type and size of pipe and related material according to job specifications.
- Measures and marks pipes to required length for cutting and threading.
- Cuts, threads, hammers, and welds pipe to specifications using saws, pipe threaders, and benders.
- Connects pipe pieces and seals joints.
- Locates existing pipes needing repair or replacement through potholing and/or excavation.
- Taps and drills holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices.
- Secures pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers.
- Grouting and clearing manholes.
- Inspects, examines, and tests installed systems and pipelines using pressure hydrostatic testing, observation, or other testing methods.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions.
- Adheres to all of our client’s safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective construction or repair of pipelines.
- Practices good safety habits
- Works within special standards of accuracy.
- Makes decisions based on verifiable standards.
- Follows oral directions and meets set standards.
- Takes pride in craftsmanship.
- Prioritizes to meet goals or deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of safety practices.
Education & Work Experience Requirements-
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience laying underground water lines, sanitary and storm sewers, OR
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a Pipe Helper, Pipe Laborer; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- We do E-Verify Drug Screens
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.