The Mechanical Designer will create drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using REVIT and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle inclusive of gathering project requirements, preliminary and final design, procurement for Calculations on HVAC equipment and materials, project monitoring and control.
- Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or markups provided by engineering or project management staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required.
- Work under the direction of the CAD Manager to design complex drawings, such as: Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts, and equipment details)
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day functions, as needed.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workload and ensure the quality of the design.
- Adhere to company practices, policies and procedures for document revision control.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in the design of commercial and industrial HVAC systems
- AutoCAD MEP & Revit is required.
- Must be able to work effectively with mechanical engineers to prepare system design drawings and specifications.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.