This is an Entry-Level position for the design of electrical systems having the ability to work independently on fundamental design tasks, and under the direction of a project designer or engineer for more complex tasks.
- Design of power, lighting, fire alarm, and related systems for electrical only projects or multi-disciplinary projects
- Integrate the electrical design with the work of other disciplines (Electrical & Architecture)
- Develop CAD drawings and Revit models, diagrams, schedules, details, specifications, and cost opinions for a variety of projects with minimal supervision
- Apply basic knowledge of applicable Codes, standards, and owner criteria in the development of project designs
- Coordinates project schedule and budget with more senior technical and supervisory staff
- Some autonomy and responsibility in regards relationships with internal and external clients, as well as sub-consultants, contractors, vendors, and others
- Minimum 2 years of previous design experience OR a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on lighting design
- Proficient working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (Autocad and Revit)
- Proficient use in MS Office products
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision while adhering to project deadlines
- Experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction company
- Advanced working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (Autocad and Revit)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on lighting design
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.