As part of a 60+ person consulting firm, you will be involved with projects of all types, budgets, and challenges throughout the United States. Projects may range from a small office building renovation to a large healthcare facility and include K-12 schools, higher education, liturgical, military, and correctional projects to name a few. This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in the accuracy of all technical work and correspondence and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with the design team and our clients.
Major job duties include:
- Creates a mechanical design that contributes to safe, functional, and pleasant environments for clients and end-users
- Performs HVAC and plumbing calculations using software
- Complies with CADD and Revit standards, project standards, filing processes, master specifications, training, etc.
- Maintain an open dialogue with mechanical and electrical engineers
- Associates Degree in Drafting or Mechanical Systems preferred
- Previous experience preferred, but not strictly required
- Must have exposure to mechanical engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Must be able to read architectural and structural drawings
- Must be familiar with plumbing, mechanical, and building codes with guidance from the engineer
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Revit to develop and review design drawings
- Strong knowledge of relevant systems and codes
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize to meet project deadlines
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients
- Proficient in REVIT, MEP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.