The Survey Manager plans, directs, oversees and coordinates all aspects of work for the survey team and related staff. Position requires a thorough knowledge of Surveying and Engineering terminology and procedures related to Geometry Control and Surveying. The Survey Manager reports to the Operations Manager and acts as first-line supervisor for all survey staff.
- Lead employees in the completion of daily tasks and survey activities.
- Effectively operate all types of surveying instruments including automatic levels, transits, electronic distant measuring devices, level rod, measuring tape, etc.
- Gather all necessary information needed by field crews and information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time-efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Supervise, teach and train subordinates as leader of the survey team.
- Direct and give instructions to the survey crew on each assignment, suggesting efficient approaches.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment needed by survey crews.
- Prepare and review survey/geometry control work to ensure proposed surveys meet project needs, surveying specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Accurately track, plan, and document the lifecycle process of all survey and geometry control data for bridge segments throughout the project(s).
- Consult with management, contractors, field personnel, and other project staff on survey matters to provide accurate information and effective solutions.
- Effective communication, problem-solving, accurate note-taking, recording survey measurements, descriptive data, drawings, and sketches are necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, surveying/geomatics, construction management or related field. (Sufficient Survey/Geometry Control experience may be substituted).
- Minimum of 5 years managing/surveying infrastructure projects.
- Segmental Bridge experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and project plans.
- Ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have solid computer skills.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.