The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for reading and understanding dimensioned scaled drawings, completing required tests on the concrete products, and implementing adjustments based on the test results. The Quality Control Manager is required to regularly communicate and coordinate with the Operations Manager, and shop production employees to ensure the highest quality standards are being met for all segments being produced. The Quality Control Manager is expected to execute systematic and documented examinations of precast segmental bridge concrete, to include inspection, sampling, and testing. Applies experience and sound judgment to ensure all components are manufactured to the highest of standards, and to create a culture among employees on the shop floor that revolves around safety, quality, and continuous improvement. Works closely with the production and engineering departments to prevent issues from occurring and to resolve them when they do occur. The Quality Control Manager reports to the Operations Manager and acts as the first-line supervisor for all QC staff.
- Lead employees in quality control best practices training.
- Manage equipment performance and calibrations.
- Review and continuously improve testing and record tracking methods using existing and customized systems.
- Perform aggregate gradations, percent (%) moisture, and other material properties test as needed.
- Complete pre-pour and post-pour inspections such as; rebar placement and dimensional tolerances.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with others to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Manage quality control activity with the QC team and coordinates daily responsibilities which include:
- Fresh Concrete Tests
- Pre-pour & Post-pour Inspections
- Inspect segments in the yard, noting appearance and overall quality, making sure needed repairs are made.
- Work with production daily on improving overall quality by communicating observations.
- Review drawings of segments to be produced daily.
- Keep records of all materials received and segments produced and document quality control reports.
- Provide inspection activity for products throughout the production cycle.
- Direct quality control inspections and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Prepare plant for Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) Audit every 6 months.
- When requested by Operations Manager, participate in plant visits and perform plant tours.
- Develop and implement the Quality Management system and practices. Includes creating procedures, job aids, performance metrics and business process communication standards.
- Create a workflow system for corrective actions that integrates production results and creates accountability to identify and resolve the root causes that result in quality or service issues.
- Design quality reports and scorecards to provide timely and actionable operating information across the group.
- Review drawings of pieces to be produced daily, noting any unusual details, communicating information to production teams.
- Perform internal audits to assure compliance with standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- 5+ years of precast or concrete management experience preferred.
- Segmental Bridge experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and project plans.
- Ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills.
- Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) and ACI Certification.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have solid computer skills.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.