This position will mainly support our field operations (construction/job sites) to ensure we are doing all we can to identify risk and prevent accidents in our workplace. Travel to construction/job sites and to the plant will be required.
General responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform field safety audits and review findings with field project foreman
- Provide training to sub-contractors on the companies safety practices
- Conduct initial safety training orientation to new associates
- Provide training and coaching covering the companies Safety Programs
- Conduct equipment operation training for operators
- Conduct observations of work areas to identify potential risk and safety hazards
- Conduct behavioral observations and work with other observers to improve their skills
- Assist with safety audits and implementation of corrective action plans
- Investigate safety incidents and participate in Root Cause Analysis process
- Coach supervisors on presenting safety meeting topics as needed
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree in EHS or another safety-related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a safety support or management role preferred
- Experience in construction/job site safety is a plus
- Prior associate training experience
- Experience in Behavior-Based Safety Program preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- OSHA 30 (1926) completed or be able to be completed within 3 months of hire
Our ideal candidate will be customer-focused, detail-oriented, and be an effective problem-solver. Strong organization skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality are crucial to the success of this role. Flexibility with work schedule is also strongly desired.
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.