Our clients Emerging Markets business unit, a business dedicated to designing and manufacturing custom prefabricated buildings, is looking to add a Sr. Structural Engineer to the team. This position is a key member of the business unit, responsible for and empowered to apply creativity and innovation to develop prefabricated building solutions founded on high-level technical expertise.
Specific accountability for this position includes:
- Develop creative and cost-effective prefabricated building solutions on large customer projects using Type I construction
- Working with a mixed design team, ensure prefabricated building systems are designed with a significant focus on seismic lateral force resisting systems
- Highly creative professional engineer with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and engage and motivate teams representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints; exceptionally collaborative
- In-depth knowledge of reinforced concrete and structural steel lateral systems; thorough knowledge of building systems and ability to design and analyze concrete and steel systems
- Strong design for manufacturing and assembly (DfMA) mindset
- Ability to conceive and develop cost-effective structural solutions compatible with architectural, prefabrication, and building system needs and requirements
- Ability verbally, graphically, and textually communicate design criteria, issues, and recommendations
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
- Registered Structural Engineer in the State of California
- 8+ years of design experience working in a high seismic region
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.