Coordinate and manage all activities associated with the assigned glass/cladding related projects including related shop, plant, and site staff, suppliers and sub-contractors responsibilities. Liaise with client, architect, main contractor, consultants and support staff towards the execution of timely, efficient, cost-effective works.
- Supporting, mentoring, coaching Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers in their daily activities.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Fill in for Project Managers for projects, when necessary
- Ensure that the architect’s drawings, calculations, and specifications are received on schedule and are confirmed as approved for construction. Get familiar with all contract documents.
- Establish a working schedule that is satisfactory to the main contractor/client. To update the schedule with the proceeding of the project and to ensure that the technical department, shop, and site are all keeping up with the most updated schedule.
- Ensure that the quality department prepares all reports on material compliance including testing and certificates (if applicable) and to submit reports of all materials tested and approved to the customer when required.
- Envisage installation/erection methods and equipment
- Address, document, and resolve project issues to minimize risk
- Ensure that all engineering / technical specifications, contract requirements are followed.
- Maintain Project Schedules and ensures compliance to Contract Conditions
- Ensure that all project matters are coordinated and problems encountered during project proceeding during shop fabrication and onsite installation, are addressed and rectified.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the client, main contractor, architect and other sides of the project.
- Coordinate work with superintendent related to site staff and sub-contractors and ensure their schedule and delivery of goods are of good quality and on time.
- Create the Schedule Of Values and submit accurate and timely progress billing to the Client throughout the course of the project. Be on budget.
- Submit progress reports and follow up on all project progress and all contractual correspondence. Monitor change orders and prepare documents for claims
- Manage subcontractors other major supply contract negotiation, project budget control and monitor all change orders and apply for claims and push for payments.
- Represent the project team in inter-department meetings and to represent the company in external project meetings. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Responsible for timely issuance of Purchase Orders / Work Instruction and to monitor the materials logistic and the record of all on-site equipment
- Develop a culture of creativity, accountability, and respect in the project management department – solve problems in new ways while keeping organizational commitments; establish an appropriate cadence for reviews to maintain progress, resolve issues, all while maintaining an agile and adaptive working style promoting the initiative, accountability, and quick iteration learning and revision
- Challenge actively (constructively) and voice relevant concerns; coach and teach others on the project management team to engage constructively in meetings and encourage vibrant discourse
- Develop and mentor PM staff through on-boarding, open communication, as well as learning and development opportunities; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately
- Passionate about the companies vision and mission; able to promote, demonstrate, and communicate the mission, values, and core competencies of others
- Ability to build strong relationships and engage and motivate teams representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints; exceptionally collaborative
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, as well as effective listening and engagement with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization skills to drive topics with multiple stakeholders/interests
- Problem-solving skills that aim to remedy and prevent reoccurrence
- Comfortable escalating issues while maintaining positive relationships with team members and other organizations
- Ability to read plans and blueprints
- Able to exercise appropriate discretion when handling confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to understand design, production and installation capabilities
- Ability to properly manage and control all aspects of a project.
- Strong logical thinking ability to apply to process re-design and re-engineering
- Experience on team management, to unite & lead the team
- Superior negotiation ability can quickly solve questions & challenges encountered
Education and Experience Qualifications-
- 12 yrs. minimum in the specific glass and glazing industry in a fast-paced environment.
- Architectural Degree and/or above in Engineering/building or related discipline (Construction Management).
- Minimum 8 years’ project management experience in large facade projects, be familiar with windows, doors, stick systems, window wall, storefront, and unitized curtain wall system
- Must have a good technical background in facades from either actual design experience or production or installation experience.
- Well-proven track record of successful project execution for prominent national or international companies
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Bluebeam
To apply for this job please visit bpsrecruiting.com.