Those in the Design Engineer position are responsible for their own design projects and may check the work of others.
The Precast Design Engineer is responsible for the following tasks in support of company efforts:
- Design all parking deck, wall products, and associated connections.
- Independently manage engineering design aspects of a project with minimal assistance or guidance.
- Check engineering design calculations and details of others for accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to company standards(with the exception of laterals)
- With assistance, complete repairs
- Resolve engineering design issues independently (with the exception of laterals)
- Assist others with resolving engineering design issues (with the exception of laterals)
- Attend project meetings; may lead coordination meetings
- With assistance, design laterals
- May write requests for information (RFI)
- Closely supervised. May work independently or as a member of a team.
- Able to make decisions related to their own projects in regard to the assignment of tasks
- BS Civil Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred (PE not required)
- 2 years of relevant engineering experience – internal or external
- Previous precast knowledge preferred
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
- Eager to learn
- Able to work individually or on a team
- Strongly values relationships and interaction with people
- Maintains a balanced perspective about change; adapts when necessary while placing value in consistency of the processes
- Positive outlook
- Computer skills (STRUCTURAL REVIT OR BIM MODELING CERTIFICATIONS)
- Analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong personal organization skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple priorities
- We will consider training for precast concrete if you have your degree and Revit or BIM Modeling certifications.