The ideal candidate will have the right attitude and mix of customer service skills, horticultural knowledge, sales, and a desire to provide the best quality of services.
- Operations management through review of and implementation of schedules, labor hours, productivity, sales goals, and all operational metrics.
- Preparing appropriate annual, monthly, and weekly business plans and assure that each person understands how they fit into these plans.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan(s) for all employees in the department to ensure accountability and success in their roles.
- Assisting the business development team with the selling of new landscape maintenance contracts for commercial, municipalities, and HOAs.
- Bidding and selling of landscape enhancements, and other services.
- Ensuring that all managers in the department maintain a sense of urgency for our customers by properly communicating to all customer requests.
- Updating CRM software with client and sales information.
- Focus on safety and monitor safety records
- An associate degree in landscape, horticulture, or related field is a plus.
- Five years of commercial landscape maintenance management is a plus.
- Past employment recommendations.
- Able to pass a background check.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in managing crews, customer relations, selling methodologies, and technical procedures of the job.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to implement and promote best-in-class production and sales goals.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with programs such as Timberline, Prophet and Sage Accounting, and Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual is a plus
- Clean MVR report