The essential functions of the Mechanical Designer/Drafter:
- Read and interpret technical plans as well as laying out a technically correct plan under the direction of an engineer.
- Work with engineers, architects and other professionals in producing plans and drawings.
- Read and understand design and its application for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and architectural.
- Develop knowledge of products and their applications as it relates to drafting using AutoCAD software.
- Edit and make changes in AutoCAD and Revit as necessary for projects.
- Communicate clearly with clients, other engineers, architects, and company staff on technical matters related to projects.
- Assist with the complete equipment selection and system sizing.
- Work in accordance with the office’s drawing and design standards, construction practices, codes, etc.
- Prepare electronic (pdf’s, CAD files, BIM models, specs, etc.) and hard-set packages for client use
- Train and assist others in learning the above skill sets.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD, Revit, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Attention to detail and the ability to execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful time management skills to work on several projects concurrently.
- Working knowledge of design and its application for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and architectural.
- Ability to coordinate with architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection and plumbing drawings.
- Ability to use Revit tools to maintain and set project’s files, families and work sets.
- Revit Architecture Certified Professional a plus