Actively implements the established company mission and vision. Follows direction set by President, participates in developing policy and strategic plans, and participates in both public and professional relations and other corporate responsibilities assigned by the Branch Manager. Provides departmental direction and oversight. Manages department operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies. Performs complex supervisory, administrative, and professional work in planning, organizing, directing, and supervising department staff.
- Develops and implements department business plans including the budget, marketing, and staffing plans. Operates within approved plans.
- Hires, trains, supervises, directs, teaches, and coaches project managers in order to build departmental leadership abilities. Utilizes industry networks to attract and recruit strong candidates.
- Oversees performance of professional and support staff, either directly or through subordinates, to ensure progressive development and productivity of staff.
- Responsible to meet established annual goals and other objectives of the firm, as held accountable by the Branch Manager.
- Oversees projects from design through implementation phases along with all communications related to projects.
- Monitors projects for technical, managerial, and quality control performance within the department;, ensures work performed is in accordance with the agreement, within budget, billed per the agreement, and produced on time in accordance with commitments.
- Responsible for oversight on client billings including project invoices, reviewing billing documents, and following-up with client calls regarding billing statements.
- Monitors financial performance to see that profits, productivity, billings, work-in-progress, and accounts receivables targets and goals are met.
- Represents the Company in dealing with public agencies, large and small, or private companies, acting as a liaison for department clients, regulators, and subcontractors facilitating quality customer service and product delivery.
- Negotiates and coordinates proposals and contracts with clients and subcontractors.
- Oversees compliance with applicable federal, state, city, and county regulations, laws, and guidelines.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team responsible for setting the business strategy for the company.
- Fosters an atmosphere of business and professional enthusiasm that encourages and enhances a “one Company concept” by promoting the sharing of resources among departments and offices for the benefit of the Company.
- Performs related duties, special assignments, and projects as required and assigned by the Branch Manager or President.
- Bachelor’s degree and professional registration/certification in the field.
- 10 to 15 years of progressive experience in design, consulting, and business development activities of an A/E firm including experience in management, marketing, client relations, and supervision of personnel. Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability.
- Ability to use a computer and read printed material. Primarily works in a standard office environment with significant and frequent amounts of mobility and sitting required. Light lifting of 25 lbs. or less required. Current valid driver’s license. Ability to travel by automobile around the state as needed.